Friday, June 20, 2008

Lovin' Spoonful Friday 5

I confess I love the Lovin' Spoonful because they unabashedly remind me of my dad. I don't know anyone else in the world who listens/ed to them!

Here's the RevGalBlogPals Friday 5:

Think summer......are you there? Below you will find five words or phrases. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem, a memory, a recipe, or a story. You get the idea:

1. rooftop
Matthew 10:27 (no, really, this was the first thing I thought of) "What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light; and what you hear whispered, proclaim from the housetops." I think because I was researching for Wednesday night midweek children's ministry (that's a mouthful) and read that the flat roofs of the Levant were natural places from which to shout.
2. gritty
Food at the beach. Has there ever been a day at the beach when you didn't eat sand? When Wylie was a baby he used to shove whole fistfuls into his mouth. That makes for icky-sticky diapers, let me tell you!
My father and mother, both city dwellers, use/d the word "gritty" to describe certain neighborhoods in Boston, and it has a negative connotation for me - a sort of wasted, gang-land vibe.
3. hot town (yeah, I know, it's two words)
New York in August!
4. night
Ditto, only because I can hear them together. I love cities at night in the summer.
5. dance
Eh, nothing comes to mind. Except, "not me!"

2 comments:

1-4 Grace said...

Hey.
Thanks for the link. Looks like ti has some great stuff and so fits my current congrgation.
We are tiny and the ages of chidlren is spread out.
Anyhow, good stuff there.
Thanks.

1-4 Grace said...

Hey.
Thanks for the link. Looks like ti has some great stuff and so fits my current congrgation.
We are tiny and the ages of chidlren is spread out.
Anyhow, good stuff there.
Thanks.